Mysterious veiled landscapes. Representational movements that blend abstract into the figurative. Objects emerge, are scratched out and painted over, or left as fragments and glimpses. In this way, works become palimpsests in which composition is arrived at via reverse archaeology of brushstroke.
My approach to art is grounded in college studies of anthropology, archaeology, fine art and creative literature, and informed by a career path that has included interior design, sales and marketing. For the past 10 years, I had largely put my brushes down- to raise two babies and plunge fully into a sales career- during which time I helped my husband launch a successful beverage company.
Now I am back in my studio full-time. Visit my shop (link above) to see what paintings are available for purchase or let me know if you are interested in a commission or print reproduction of original works. Thank you for visiting my website and let me know if you have any questions!
- 2011 “Casting The Lake” Solo Show, Smith House, Harrisonburg VA
- 2010 “Four Forms” Solo Show, Augusta Medical Center, Fishersville VA
- 2007 “Art on the Walls” Group Show, Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art, Boulder CO
- 2007 “The Collection” Group Show, Rembrandt Yard, Boulder CO
- 2006 “Artwalk” Illiterate Magazine, Boulder CO
- 2006 “Art Battle” Unspoken Word, Boulder CO
- 2006 “Ritual” Two Person Exhibition with Caroline Douglas, Exhibitrek Gallery, Boulder CO
- 2005 “Contemporary Art Auction” Group Show, Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art, Boulder CO
- 2005 “Vestigial” Group Show, Rembrandt Yard, Boulder CO
- 2004 “Art on the Walls” Group Show, Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art, Boulder CO
- 2004 “Dreamscapes” Group Show, Rembrandt Yard, Boulder CO
- 2003 “Melt” Group Show, Art Explosion Studios, San Francisco, CA
- 2002 “Freeze” Group Show, Art Explosion Studios, San Francisco, CA
- 2001 “MindSpace Group Show, Sarah2 Gallery, Oakland CA